Tuesday 1 July 2014

June and July Goals!

We made it to July and I couldn't be happier...

JUNE
The month of June is also the start of my summer! I want to make these goals very strict, since I only have to stick to them for two weeks, but I only have three sub goals this month. I decided for June i'll make some fitness goals. Everybody loves being healthy, right? For the first two weeks of June, I've been testing the waters and it's proven to fairly easy if I actually try so let's get stuck in!

SUB GOALS
  1. Eat 100% healthy meals 6 out of 7 days a week. It's only six because, a girl needs chocolate once a week, and there's nothing wrong with a treat now and again!  I'll be sticking to salads and vegetables instead of chips/rice or any other of the sort. I mention rice because the only kind of rice I like, is very fatty and oily. Then I'll accompany the veggies with a source of protein, like lean beef or egg whites. I'll also be eating fruits, hopefully this will give me chance to find new healthy recipes that I can enjoy in later months. 
  2. Workout every day. This will be my hardest goal! I want to get in about 45 minutes of cardio a day with some sort of targeted strength training for 30 minutes a day. I will probably alternate between butt, abs, arms and legs. Since I've finished school now, there's no excuse!
  3. Drink 8 glasses (or more) of water a day. I am very much a soda drinker, this month though i'll be sticking to water! 

Week 1
  1. I managed 5/7 days a week, after prom I went on a binge. I ate pizza, and Mcdonalds, and just a lot of food really. 
  2. I worked out 2/7 days in the first week.... Yeah.
  3. I drank a few cups of water every day, and not as much soda, but probably not 8 glasses.
So week 1, didn't go very well for the most part, but week two went a lot better.

Week 2

  1. 6/7 spent eating clean.
  2. I completed my cardio 6/7 times this week, and I mainly did ab workouts with it.
  3. Mon-Wed. I drank 1/2 glasses a day. Thurs-Sat I drank 8 glasses. 
I'm really glad I decided to make these my goals, I lost five pounds this month, and overall I ate pretty healthily in the month of June, and I'm going to continue that way! 

July
In July, I plan to write a novel. I've joined Camp NaNoWriMo, to help me achieve this. I haven't made any sub goals for this month because my goal is plain and simple. 

I want to write 50,000 words in a month. That's averaging 1,613 words a day. Okay so not that simple really. BUT Camp NaNoWriMo is a great help when staying on target, and has some great tips on naming you charactersknowing your characters and building a story

I'd love to know if anyone else is attempting this challenge for the month of July!



2 comments:

  1. For the month of july, I really want to aim for your June goals with healthy living and everything. I think that by having the goals set in my mind like the way you've written in it'll help me stick to it :)

    http://emicphany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I've found it so much easier to stick to doing it monthly :)

      Delete